Bare Fiber Optic Adapter LC SM For FTTX networks Quick Connection
Bare Fiber Adapters are used as a medium to connect bare fiber to
your fiber optics equipment. These adapters were designed with
speed in mind, and are traditionally used for power meter hookups,
temporary repairs, or quick fiber connections. These come with a
low insertion loss and high quality polish.
- LC Connector type
- Metal and plastic construction
- Works with 250 or 900µm fiber (for 250µm use 900µm tubing)
- Interchangeable for a wide range of products
- Easy to install with push lever
- Square shape
- For fast and temporary fiber optic connections in communication
- Fiber optic measurement in laboratory
- Production line of fiber optic devices
- Temporarily connectories bare fiber
- Testing bare fiber, fiber on the reel, fiber before and after
- Temporary connections to OTDRs, Power Meters, Talksets, Demo
Equipment and Dark fiber
- Other maintenance, restoration and installation jobs.
- If you are using the bare fiber adaptor with unjacketed fiber,
proceed to step. If you are using cabled fibers, strip at least 3
inches of the cable’s outer jacket and cut away the exposed
strength members (usually Kevlar fibers near the stripped edge).
- Strip a sufficient amount of the buffer to allow for fiber
insertion. The length of buffer stripped should be approximately 15
mm to 20 mm.
- Clean the exposed cladding with acetone and/or isopropyl alcohol
- a. Magnetic clamp: Flip open the magnetic clamp. Push the stripped
fiber through until the buffer stops the fiber. At this point flip
shut the magnetic clamp to hold the fiber in place.
- b. Spring clamp: Depress the spring-loaded buffer clamping
mechanism and insert the stripped fiber into the acceptance hole.
Push the stripped fiber through until the buffer stops the fiber.
At this point release the buffer clamping mechanism, to hold the
fiber in place.
- Use a cleaving pen to gently score the fiber as close to the
ferrule end as possible. (See Figure 2) Note: If the fiber breaks
during the scoring process, it means that the score was too deep,
which will result in a poor fiber end face and high losses.
- Pull the scored fiber directly up. The scored fiber should separate
cleanly at the score point. Note: Always pull the fiber directly
up. Failure to do so will result in a poor fiber end face and high
- Inspect the end face with an eye loupe and if necessary, adjust the
fiber until it is flush.
- The fiber is now ready for use. Insert the adaptor into the optical
test equipment’s receptacle.
Bare Fiber Optic Adapter, Bare Optical Fiber Adapter